About Energy Squared
Energy Squared, LLC, is a full-service consulting engineering firm headquartered in Princeton, New Jersey with branch offices in Texas and Florida. Our company provides mechanical, electrical, refrigeration, energy management, plumbing and fire safety design engineering services. Our goal is to continuously seek cost-effective and energy efficient solutions and designs, challenging conventional solutions and bringing innovative options to our clients. The multitude of professional services provided by Energy Squared takes a knowledgeable and experienced team who can take several disciplines and make them work seamlessly together.
Why should YOU choose E²?
At Energy Squared, or E² for short, we are always seeking the best and brightest individuals to join our team. We provide significant growth opportunities, up to partnership level, for employees rising to the top. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package in addition to supporting training opportunities for continual professional development. Our team is made up of a group of motivated and passionate individuals who work by our mantra to provide our clients with quality services and designs. If this sounds like you, we want you on our team!
Job Description & Responsibilities:
To support our rapid growth, Energy Squared is in search of an Electrical Designer to join our Princeton team! Our ideal candidate will have knowledge of AutoCAD and resides in a close proximity to Mercer or Middlesex County.
Scope of Position:
Under the supervision of a Senior Engineer, transforms initial “red-line” designs using computer aided design software (AutoCAD) into engineering drawings. We work with a variety of high quality nationwide supermarkets (ShopRite, Trader Joe’s, Target, Whole Foods) and a number of statewide multi-family residential buildings, so attention to detail and quality of work is a must!
In this role, the Electrical Engineer/Designer will:
- Preparation and creation of detailed electrical designs.
- Identify project requirements based on the electric utility interconnect agreements, contracts, regulatory requirements, etc. and design components to address the site-specific requirements.
- Create and maintain AutoCAD drawing packages.
- Maintain responsible control over all design activities pertaining to the project, including engineering, quality control, and code compliance.
- Ensure work is executed accurately and in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Ensure preparation of the design’s calculations and engineering drawings is constructible and compile code and customer requirements.
- Prepare engineering documents that meet customer quality requirements and company standards.
- Incorporate selection, layout, sizing, and applicable system and equipment requirements with direction from the Senior Engineer.
- Provides support for other department activities as required including plotting drawings, producing transmittals and coordinating shipment of deliverables.
- Assignments are commensurate with formal training, proficiency and experience.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. Other engineering disciplines are considered based on experience and skill-set.
- AutoCAD/design experience. Revit Knowledge a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities, as well as demonstrated high quality technical writing skills and proficiency in English.
- Team player with sound business ethics and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to achieve project goals and deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors, in order to develop a full understanding of building energy systems and their operation.
This position will require minimal travel to project sites. Our ideal candidate will reside local to the Mercer/Middlesex county area. Energy Squared is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
If you are a passionate candidate who feels they could bring value to Energy Squared, please send your resume to Briana.Walsh@energysquaredeng.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!